Saturday, August 26, 2006

Teaching

I recently resigned from teaching the most fun class ever - 5th and 6th grade on Wednesday evenings at my church. I didn't want to resign but it was time. These kids need someone else with more energy, someone younger, I told myself. I'll never forget the reaction of the class when I told them I wouldn't be returning in the fall. First there was silence, then one spoke up: "WHY?" There was no mention of me having gray hair and getting old! I love those kids! My assistant pastor said I'd better think of what I want to do to take the place of teaching kids. Sooo I'll be teaching a class for only 6 weeks on The Dilemma of Young Mothers. Boy, am I nervous about that! What was I thinking! Life today is nothing like it was when my children were small and besides, I'd give anything if I could go back and raise my kids all over again! I'm definitely not an expert! Well, I guess I'll start out by being honest and telling them just that! I tried to find just the right book to use as a reference book but just couldn't find the right one. Then it came to me: the Bible is the best guidebook! So there I have it. No one can argue with me because God's Word is Truth. I'll try to keep you updated on how the class progresses. Maybe no one will come! Like I said, I have gray hair and I'm getting old! Sometimes I forget that!

No comments: