Monday, November 29, 2010

Nativity Collection

     I have  a bazillion Nativity sets in my collection. Here is the latest one I bought. It was after Christmas last year and I found it on sale for 75% off! It's a Terracotta Holy Family, by Russ Berrie, for those of you who know about such things. I really like it and think I found a bargain!




     This next one Tim and Shauna gave me for Christmas last year. It's a favorite of mine because it's from Thailand. I was there on three different occasions and couldn't find one. So when they went last year they found this one. I love it, also, because it's the only set I have where Mary is holding Baby Jesus! He's in a manger in every other set! 
     This is Mengrai high fired stoneware. Celadon is the commonly accepted name and is believed to have been developed in China over 2000 years ago! I'd better take good care of this set! It's really beautiful but this picture doesn't do it justice at all. You'll have to come and visit me!
     I have many many more sets and may show some of them later.
Heavenly Father I praise You for Jesus. Thank You for my Nativity Set collection, but help me to keep my focus on You, not on man made sets representing the birth of Your Son. Let them simply be a reminder that Jesus is the reason for the season.







No comments: