Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cut Glass Pitcher and Down Sizing

     This cut glass water pitcher was given to Jerry and me as a wedding gift 51 1/2 years ago. About 40 - 45 years ago sitting in the china cabinet, no one in the room, it suddenly cracked very loudly! We had used it several times when we had special company over for dinner. The crack went around the bottom of the handle. I could no longer use it but I kept it in the china cabinet because it was so nice looking. I have lots of other pieces of cut glass that are of the same pattern, all given to us as wedding gifts. 
     While Pam was here visiting I decided this is the time to get rid of it. It's no longer functional, hasn't been for 40 years, and we're trying to down size. I've got to start somewhere. Friends have suggested taking pictures of things I really need to dispose of. So here is my picture. 
     Pam did the job for me, because I couldn't...she took it out to the recycle bin. 
     Heavenly Father, I praise You. Thank You for all the blessings we have, both materially and spiritually. Thank You for this gift given to us so many years ago. Help me to be able to dispose of things. Help me to cherish family, friends, nourishment, home, relationships, and especially my relationship with You.

No comments: