Sunday, November 28, 2010

Decorating

Tree taken with flash...
the beautiful lights don't show.
But it's not blurry...
     I'm decorating for Christmas. It's a little early for me but we had company for Thanksgiving so we had help getting the Christmas things out. Ted helped Jerry get the Christmas tree out of the pole barn. That's a big job. We've had real trees until about three years ago. We love real trees but it was getting too much for us, in our old age! Serious! So when we saw an artificial tree at a yard sale, we bought it. We've never been sorry! It's about seven feet tall and has fiber optic, twinkling lights of all colors! It's beautiful! I've tried and tried to get a picture of it, using different settings, but with these lights it turns out blurry every time. At least I'm blaming it on the lights! I set the camera on a solid surface so it's not me wiggling! 
     I have mainly angels on our tree, three snowflakes, and one little sheep, made my our former pastor's wife, Martha. I also have red balls and silver garlands.
     My grandchildren helped me get all the decorations out of our storage room. They love to do that! It's a huge job. I appreciate their help so much. 
     
Heavenly Father, I praise You for Jesus. Help us to worship Him and to keep Jesus in Christmas. Jesus is the Reason for the Season.
     

8 comments:

Amy said...

You might try setting your camera on self-timer and then setting it on a solid surface or tripod. That should reduce the blurriness.

Where do you set up all your nativity sets? We too have many sets at our house and they seem to cover every surface.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me.

Anonymous said...

Simple and sweet. I’m thinking of starting another blog or five pretty soon, and I’ll definitely consider this theme. Keep ‘em coming!

Anonymous said...

Dies ist mein erstes Mal, wenn ich Besuch hier. Ich fand so viele interessante Sachen in Deinem Blog vor allem seine Diskussion. Von den Tonnen von Kommentaren auf Ihrem Artikel, ich denke, ich bin nicht die einzige, die alle die Freude hier! halten, die gute Arbeit.

Anita said...

German to English translation


This is my first time I visit here. I found so many interesting things in your blog, especially his discussion. Of the tons of comments on your articles, I do not think I'm the only one here all the joy! keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

You made some nice points there. I did a search on the subject matter and found mainly people will consent with your blog..

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can?t wait to see what others have to say.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the helpful post! I would not have gotten this otherwise!