Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Journal

  • It's time to write things down that are crowding my mind. We have so much going on.
  • I'm working on getting my cholesterol down and some pounds off. I need to please my doctor so I'm walking two miles several times a week. Today was one of my days and I walked it in record time! I hesitate to write the time because it may be slow to some of my readers. But just remember I'm 71...and a half! I walked 2 miles in 40 minutes. I think I could cut that down to 30 minutes if I try really hard. We have eggs almost every morning for breakfast. I'm careful how I cook them, either boiling them or frying them with Pam. I seldom eat bacon. One slice of toast. BUT...I'm thinking I need to go to a bowl of Cheerios and a banana. Or something similar. So we'll see.
  • Besides trying to please my doctor, I have my first grandson, Andrew, getting married! I don't want to be a fat grandma. I've got to go shopping for a dress soon...
  • A very dear friend of mine lost her husband a couple of days ago. He had cancer and lost the battle. My heart aches for her. She lives in Europe so I can't go to her. She's in my prayers.
  • I'm so privileged to get to help out with our new grandchildren. By new I mean the adopted brother and sister, Elmise is eight and Armon is five. They are precious children. I learned a new lesson one day when I heard Jessica, my daughter-in-law, pointing them out to someone. They are from Haiti so you know they are black. We were in a restaurant and had to sit separately because of a lack of room. The children were on stools at a counter and the adults were at a table. She was pointing out her three children to the waiter so he'd know what order was for each one. She described Elmise as the little girl with braids and the red jacket; Armon was the little boy with the blue jacket. I've been pondering that ever since. I would have just blurted out the two black children. But she with love and pride in her voice simply told the color of their clothes! I learned a lesson that day.
  • I love all my grandchildren. Since these latest two have been adopted and live right next door to us, we're privileged to see and interact with them often. Rob and Jessica have crazy work hours so I get to take Haleigh, Elmise, and Armon to school a couple of times a week. Once in a while I also pick them up after school.
    As I've gotten to know them I see characteristics that stand out. Folks are always asking me about them so maybe this will give you a clearer picture of them.
    Elmise is a darling little girl who loves to cook and clean! She has a nice singing voice. She's the life of the party! Very vivacious and lively!
    Armon is a darling little boy. Just the thought of him brings a smile to my face! He's very active. He loves to play, is very interested in cars...real cars! He's very handsome now so I can imagine when he gets older! He also seems to be quite musical.
    Haleigh is a proud big sister. She's very helpful with her new siblings and is very protective of them.
  • I just watched five or six deer go through our back yard. This is one of my favorite things to do!
  • My new friend, Dennis, has moved away. I had interviewed him for the newsletter I'm editor of. Because his life style was so foreign to me it took three afternoons of getting together before I could write out his story! God has worked a miracle in his life. Through the interview and writing we became very good friends. He left on Monday. He knows I'll be praying for him everyday.
  • A close friend of ours has been diagnosed with breast cancer. There was a special healing service for her on Sunday.
  • Heavenly Father, I love You and I praise You because of Who You Are. You are Sovereign, In Control, Love, Mercy and Grace, Life... Forgive me for taking You for granted. Thank You for my health. Help me to lower my cholesterol and my weight. Thank You for my friends. Please be with Vivian as she grieves the loss of her husband. Thank You for all 15 of my grandchildren. Thank You for the privilege of my being able to be involved with the ones next door. Help me to be an example of Jesus to them. Please be with Dennis where ever he settles down. Keep him close to You. Please be with Dianne as she makes decisions on what treatments, surgery, etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you wrote in your blog today. I love hearing all that is happening in your life. I'm praying. Diane

ruth said...

So nice to catch up on your life!
Ruth

989cookie said...

I'm 23 and can walk 1 mile in 1 hour, so your speed sounds zippy!! I'm so thankful for what I can do, and thankful for ever increasing activity! Praise God!

Smiles,
Julie