Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Sunday - Resurrection Day

As usual I have my photos in backwards! Elmise and Armon are playing Sorry. Elmise won, sorry Armon...

Here the kids are emptying their eggs of candy after hunting all around our back yard. It was the first time for Elmise and Armon to go on an egg hunt. They really had fun! I only hid them in our back yard. I refused to call it an Easter egg hunt. It was simply an egg hunt.

Armon found an egg! It was fun! They were each allowed to find 12 eggs.


We ate dinner at Rob's with the family. Here are Elmise, Haleigh, & Jerry. Dinner was very nice and very good. Baked ham, baked potatoes, corn, salad, fruit, rolls, cheese cake and cake roll. It was a combined effort of both Jessica and myself.

This picture shows, Jessica, Tyler, Rob, & Armon. It was a very good dinner and a very nice time.
After dinner it was discovered that Plaid (dog) was missing! He had slipped out of his leash! We all hunted for him and he was finally found down the road and in a field. Elmise saw him first and hollared, "There he is!" They stopped and called him. He came running and took a bounding leap into the car!
I went behind us to look for Plaid. I took this opportunity to meet our new neighbor! No, we hadn't met yet... and no they hadn't seen Plaid. It was nice meeting her. I still have to meet the man, but I, or we, will.
Later Rob's family all came over to our back yard so the kids could hunt for the eggs. It was a new fun thing for Elmise and Armon. They did well and will look forward to it again next year. Playing games is another new concept for them...someone wins and someone loses...but it's all fun. With so much to learn they are doing well.

My name is Anita and I believe Jesus Christ is alive!
Today is Easter or Resurrection Day whichever you prefer to call it. It's my favorite day of the year. Jesus arose from the grave on this day. Jerry and I, several years ago, went to Israel and went into the tomb in the garden where most protestants believe Jesus was laid. We actually saw where He laid. We then had communion outside on the hillside. It was very touching and we'll never forget it.

This morning when I got up I had one of my bad spells where I was very weak and had to lie back down for about an hour. I felt like I was going to pass out. Jerry brought me some crackers and coffee and later orange juice and a muffin. I'll tell my doctor again when I go to see him next month. I've felt fine the rest of the day!

The sermon today was so good, as usual. Pastor ended with: My name is David and I believe Jesus Christ is alive. Then any and all who wanted to say the same thing, only with their own name, were invited to stand and say outloud, my name is Anita, or whatever their name was, and I Believe Jesus Christ is alive!
Heavenly Father, I praise You on this Resurrection day. I love You. Thank You for this good family day. Thank You for Jesus. Thank You for touching my body this morning. Help us to find out the reason for this spells. I praise You because You are my Healer.

2 comments:

carole said...

My name is Carole and I believe Jesus Christ is alive!

ruth said...

My name is Ruth and I believe that Jesus Christ is alive! Hope you're able to find out the cause of your spells, looks like you had a wonderful day with family!