Saturday, September 12, 2009

New washing machine and dryer.

This has been quite a week! My washing machine died on Monday. It was sad and it was definitely final. We went shopping, found just what we wanted, and went home to wait for Saturday when the new one would be delivered. Next morning the phone rang...there was a mistake!!! Rather than waiting for weeks we decided to go shopping again. Found just what we wanted for the second time and it would be delivered on Saturday. We crossed our fingers and went home to wait while the pile of dirty clothes grew!
Here we are on Saturday...this big truck brought our new washing machine and dryer! I could just see that semi truck coming in our long, windy driveway, with a bridge to cross!

Oh, okay, this little vehicle with a front load dolly on it brought the new machines from the road to our house! That's a relief!

Here he comes! I sure hope it doesn't tip off!

This is the old washer and dryer. We downsized when we moved here and we really don't have a lot of space so I've always wanted a stacked set. We didn't know about them when we bought these 12 or 13 years ago.

Here is the new set of stacked washer and dryer. I'm washing my first load...well, now I'm drying my first load. I've never had a front loader machine before but I think I'm going to like it. It takes much larger loads and after not being able to wash clothes all week, I had a very large load of whites to put in it. A sample of soap came with it which I used. I have to go the store now to buy a different detergent than what I have, it can still be Tide but because it's a front loader it has to be a certain Tide.
Thank You, Lord, for my new washing machine and dryer. They look like they will service us well. Thank You for the prompt delivery and set up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So why didn't you give the brand name of the set you selected - so that later on you could have given a product analysis.
Also, your rationale for selecting that brand. You could be offering a real consumer service here if you weren't so secretive.
Your friend, Anon.

Anita said...

You can always click on a picture to bring it up close for details.

ruth said...

Happy Washing Anita...glad it all worked out and that you'll have clean clothes again:)
Ruth

Shauna Archer said...

Looks great! The stacking style was made for laundry areas just like yours. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Wow! I had no idea you got such nice ones!! Now I'm jealous! I can't wait to do laundry when I come visit!!