Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

     Happy Mother's Day, Mother! The day is almost over and I'm just now finding time to write this. I want to tell you how much you mean to me. Life wasn't easy when I was a child. Money was scarce, Dad was gone a lot, we moved often. 
     Let me explain some of this. Money was scarce back in the 40s and 50s, when I was a child. But you were so innovative! You sewed most of the clothes for Lorraine and me and for yourself! Material for dresses was often feed sacks. We, girls, would get to pick the most colorful or the best design on the feed sacks! You raised chickens and rabbits so we'd have meat to eat!
     Dad was gone a lot because for several years he was an evangelist. He traveled all over the US and Canada. 
     We moved a lot. I didn't live longer than three years in any house until after I was married! I attended nine schools before I graduated from high school! 
     But you were a trooper. You were behind Dad, encouraging him and helping him any way you could. I love you and am so thankful for you.
Lord, please bless my mom. How I thank You for her. Please continue to give her good health. Keep her close to You. I love her so much and You love her even more!
     

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anita, I love seeing pictures of your mother. I wish I could have known her, but get to know her through your blog. What a special lady she was and you are because of her. I didn't know you were a PK and lived the life in the parsonage. It is a special calling and grace filled life. You are a blessing because of it. Thanks for sharing your life. Hugs.