Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Journal

     We're all alone. It's so quiet. No grandchildren, no dogs. Just Jerry and me. I worked on cleaning, changing sheets, washing and drying  laundry, scrubbing floors. Jerry raked flower beds, did some plowing in the driveway to fill in holes, blew leaves and dirt off the cement driveway. We worked...it seemed good. Jerry did more work today than he has in a long time! In the middle of the afternoon he came in and asked if I'd join him outside for a cup of coffee! We sat in a couple of lawn chairs with the sun on our backs and simply enjoyed the out of doors. We have a good life... 
     
     I've been reflecting on the past 11 days with five of our grandchildren. It was a busy but good time. I'm tired but it's a good tired. We didn't even do all the things we had written down on a list.  We didn't go skating, have a tea party, or put up the Easter egg tree. But we did go to the Butterfly House twice, went to the nature center and to the Cook farm, went swimming and for an airplane ride, bought material and sewed, read a book and much more. 
     Some things we started and didn't get finished. Sydney and I started making her an outfit but I'll have it finished soon. We also started and almost finished reading For This Cross I'll Kill You by Bruce Olson. A later title is Bruchko. It's a great book about a young man who obeyed God, I recommend it to you. It was recommended to me by my son, Ted, years ago. I read it to two of my grandsons, Andrew and Matthew, when they were boys. So Sydney and I will pick it up, review it, and continue reading and finish it next time she comes. I think we have four chapters left. 
     Bella went to school with Elmise twice and loved it! The cousins had two sleepovers!
     It was a little different when Sydney and Bella went home and Elmise and Armon were here because they had school so they were gone all day. When they came home we worked on home work and then went outside to burn off some energy! After supper we watched a movie and then...bedtime!
     Each one is tucked in and prayed for...a special time. Then hugs and kisses, "Good-night...sleep tight!"
     Five grandchildren over the past 11 days. Fifteen grandchildren, one granddaughter-in-law, all together and each one is so uniquely special and different...each one is loved and cherished. 
     Heavenly Father, I praise You. You are the Creator! You are All Knowing! You promised to be with us yesterday, today and tomorrow! You are In Control (even when it doesn't look like it)! Please watch over my grandchildren, keep them safe and healthy. Help them to make good friends and to stay away from harmful habits. Help them to know that You are Real and Alive. Please reveal Yourself to them. I love each one of them so much and You love each one of them even more!
     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this.