Saturday, December 23, 2006

Jerry

All last week end Jerry had a tooth ache. First thing Monday morning I called the dentist and they got him right in. Well, it wasn't a tooth. The dentist said it must be a sinus infection and prescribed an antibiotic for him. He took the medicine until Thursday with no relief, and in fact, he got worse. But he wouldn't let me call the doctor because the medicine was going to kick in soon and then he'd be better. Well, by Thursday noon he was in such pain he could hardly stand it. So I called the doctor and once again we got right in! By now the pain was excruciatingly painful.The doctor knew right away what it was and put him on a pain killer and also something else to take care of the problem. It has to do with the nerves in his cheek. They also took a blood sample, I think, because they said sometimes people who get shingles also get this. We haven't seen any other signs of shingles though. He's a little better today but I think the medicine is making him groggy and sleepy. This has a nice long name but I'm not a medical person so I don't know what it's called. I praise you, Lord, because You are our Healer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope dad is feeling better soon. It's no fun to be sick over Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I hope is he feeling better soon too! We are thinking of you and praying for you Dad!

Anonymous said...

Shingles is what you nail to a roof, not to your cheek. What is Anita doing to you Jerry? Hope what you have is not related to shingles and you get well soon!