Saturday, December 30, 2006

Cousin

Well, yesterday a second cousin of mine died. I never met him, although we talked on the phone once. It seems like I knew him because I knew a lot about him and because I work on genealogy he seemed so close. He was 86 years old. He and my mom were the last two living in her family and now only my mom is left. That's sad. Here's a little bit of family history: Ole and Guri (my great-grandparents) had seven children. Only two of the seven had children, Ludwig and Helen. Ludwig married Laura and had four children (my mother being one of them). Helen married Emmanuel and had one child, Howard. Howard never married and he is the one who just died yesterday. Now Mother is the only one left of that whole generation. How sad. I have five cousins living, children of mothers brothers and sister. Family is so important, I must try to stay in touch, even though two of them I have never met and two I only remember as little boys. But, Judy and I have many wonderful memories from our childhood. Well, I'm going on and on here. But, this is my journal and I can write what I want. So there...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anita: I am glad you have taken the time to keep records of the family history on both Mom & Dad's side of the family. Actually you're relationship to Howard Olson is that you are his Cousin-Once-Removed. If Howard had married and would have had children then your children and Howard's children would be Second Cousins. Our Mother and Howard were First Cousins. Just thought you would like to know. Keep up the good work you are doing on the family history.

Anita said...

I do know. I just didn't think I'd get so technical in a blog.