Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

     Today is Halloween. It's also my 72nd birthday! I can't believe it. How did I get to be 70, and now 72? 70 is the official 'old age' so I'm well across the line.
     I've had a good day today. I've gotten about ten cards and over 80 happy birthday greetings on facebook! If you're not on facebook you won't know what I'm talking about but it's so fun to connect with friends from the present and the past. 
     Jerry took me to China Palace for dinner after church. It's one of my most favorite restaurants. I had egg drop soup, shrimp with cashews, fried rice, and an egg roll. Jerry had beef and broccoli, and all the rest the same as me. It was so good.
    The verse of the day today is so fitting for me at 72 years with gray hair.     Psalm 71:17,18. NIV Please read it! I had to laugh because whoever picks the verse of the day must have known it was my birthday!
Dear Lord, Thank You for life, for birthdays. Thank You for computers, for cameras, for technology, most of all for family and friends. I love you, my Heavenly Father.
     

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Anita, I'm glad you had a good day. I read the verse too and thought how good that it coordinated with your birthday. I had trouble uploading pictures tonight from my camera. I have so many to share, and can't get them up. Oh bother says Pooh! May write without pictures... I'm still thankful with you, at how we can all stay in touch together even if there are a few glitches.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day Anita...we ate at a chinese restaurant too:)
Love,
Ruth

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Belated happy birthday!

My sister Jean is over 70 now. She says the same thing that she can't believe she is now 70 (and over!).

Our mother lived to be 85 and didn't slow down until just a few years before she passed on. Hubby's auntie is in her 90s and went hiking recently!

Lots of good years left. :)

Unknown said...

Checking back. I love this picture of you when you were younger. Keep working at the blog, some of it is easier, but it takes awhile to figure out. I'm doing better on it and I know you will too. You would think they would make it a little easier though. These challenging things keeps us connected to the younger generation, ha!