Saturday, November 19, 2011

Santa Parade Before Thanksgiving!

I love a parade! Santa parade before Thanksgiving? Today when folks shouted "Merry Christmas!" I shouted back "Happy Thanksgiving!" 


I don't think I've ever waited so long for a parade to start. We thought we were dressed warmly enough but we waited about an hour and a half in the cold for the parade to come down to where we were waiting, not so patiently any more! We were so cold. We all had winter jackets on and some had hoods but not all. Mine didn't. I was ready with my camera to take some good pictures. I did get a few, but not enough.


A group of good-hearted folks from my church go every year armed with buckets of hot cocoa! They offer it to anyone who would like to be warmed up with a good hot drink. We were close enough to be offered drinks. It was so good.


We watched the parade with some new friends, Josh, Heather and Kayden. Kayden is four and is a delightful boy. Another child is on the way. 


This afternoon Josh and Kayden came over for several hours. Kayden and Armon had a good time playing. Josh worked on my computer all afternoon! It works much quicker now, etc! Thanks so much, Josh!


I thank You, Lord, for my very good friends. The ones who passed out hot cocoa and Josh for working on my computer. Help me to be a good friend to them and to others who need a friend.

No comments: