Sunday, September 14, 2008

Haiti

This is Mallery and her boyfriend. Mallery is an amazing person! She goes to Haiti often and has a real heart for the Haitian people. She has started a movement in the slum district of Port-au-Prince to begin educating the children. A new school opened up this fall for 120 children! She has done so much more than just that! This evening at church she and her sister, Brooke, her dad, Keith and boyfriend, Scott, and friend, Leah, all talked about their work in Haiti. I'm so proud to know these folks personally. In fact, I had Brooke and Leah in Club 56. I know that probably had nothing to do with what they're doing in and for Haiti but it still makes me feel proud when I see them all grown up and talking about their concern for the hurting people of Haiti. Brooke and Leah just graduated from high school! If you read the devotional booklet, Our Daily Bread, Mallery is featured on September 22. She is really amazing! Thank You, Lord, for Mallery and for the work she's doing in Haiti. Bless her and keep her.

1 comment:

carole said...

Anita.. I just HAPPENED on your recipe blog.. When did you start that??? I'll try some of them.. sounds good!!! Sounds like you are always busy with reading books, writing a newsletter, Bible studies, auctions, baking, remodeling, grandkids, blogging, etc... Don't you ever slow down??? Carole