Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn

I almost missed it! Today...the first day of autumn! My favorite season of the year. I don't know why it is, maybe because in the past the beginning of the school year was an exciting time. That goes all the way back to when I was a little girl. I loved school and the feeling goes on to when my own children went to school and now my grandchildren are all going to school; learning new things, being with friends, meeting new teacher/s, wearing new school clothes, buying new school supplies, etc.
I also love the feel of fall in the air. The crispness is refreshing. The leaves turning colors: red, yellow, brown, etc. There's just something wonderful about autumn. So I also clean my house from top to bottom.
Heavenly Father, I love You. Your Creativity amazes me...such variety...such brilliance...such majesty!
I will praise You, O Lord, with all my heart.
I will tell of all your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
Psalm 9:1,2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We like fall too. Sadly, the leaves don't change in South Carolina like they do back in Illinois. We miss seeing all the pretty colors. The leaves here turn yellow or brown then fall (not very pretty). Like your autumn tree picture!