Friday, September 19, 2008

Answers



The first picture here isn't really very good but it shows the whole plant. I took it because it shows six flowers blooming all at once. Actually, there were eight flowers but you can't see two of them.

I've had some questions asked about my Hibiscus plants so I'll try to answer them here.
#1 question: do they require a lot of sun? We live in the woods...no, they don't take a lot of sun. Mine get some but not a lot. I put them outside during the summer, they seem to love the fresh air. #2 question: is it worth it to bring them inside during the winter? These are the two plants Gene bought for me in Chicago about 4 or 5 years ago; I think when we were there for Andrew's high school graduation! I've brought them in every year. The peach colored flower is the one Jerry pruned way down to almost nothing. It took three years for it to come back and bloom, but it made it! The rose colored has had more flowers this summer than ever before and still has several buds to bloom! The plants get so dead looking in the winter I'm always tempted to throw them out. If Jerry had his way, we would! But then I think about how they come to in the spring and how they thrive during the summer and I just can't throw them out! It'll soon be time to bring them in again, oh boy, where to put them?! I'll find a place... Lord, You are the Creator. You must have had a good time creating such a variety of flowers, birds, animals, etc. I praise You.

No comments: