Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Morning After

Well, here we are, the morning after and Jerry made this comment: "Yesterday you turned 69, now today you're turning 70!" Ohhh, not a good thought! I can't even believe he said that! Richard called and told me middle age doesn't end at 69! He said old age starts at 80! Well, that's a good thought but I'm not sure I agree with him on that. I had a good day though. By the way, we had 1 (one) trick or treater last night! I don't know who he was. He had a ghost mask on and he came in a car but I didn't recognize it. Living in the country and in the woods doesn't make it too attractive to kids or kids parents! We gave the one boy lots of candy! He deserved it! Or maybe it was his mom who deserved it!
Back to my birthday. We went to Dammon's for supper. We're both registered there for our birthdays so mine was free. That was nice and the food was very good. I got lots of cards; e-mails; gifts, a new novel to read; and phone calls so all the attention was very nice. I even got a call last night from Malaysia! I've been told to expect a couple more cards today, so I'm watching for the mailperson! Thank you, Lord, for family and friends that make me feel special on this one day of the year that I claim as my day. I love You, Father.

No comments: