Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tea Party

Today I had a tea party for my granddaughter's. I let them choose which Bone China cup and saucer they wanted to use. I put a nice white table clothe on the table and we used my little souvener spoons from Brazil. We drank apple cinnamon tea. It smells so spicy and good. They put lots of sugar and milk in theirs. We ate crumpets (hoho's and twinkies cut in small pieces). They were on their best behavior and were very sweet. I read two books to them: All Things Bright and Beautiful and You Are Special. I tried to tell them how a tea party is very special for girls and women. The hostess works to make it a lovely time and so they must dress nicely in a dress or skirt to show respect to the hostess and so they fit in with the niceness of the tea party.
Lord, thank You for my granddaughter's. Thank You for the good times we have. Help me to be patient. Help me to set a good example for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my grandma's did things like that when I was a kid. You're so nice to let them use your china. They will remember these special times with you. :)

The view of the snow looks beautiful from your windows. I hope someday I can walk through your house too!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Anita, this is beautiful. I so wish Avery could have been the 4th girl. She would have loved it. Your party looks very fancy. Your granddaughters are adorable. I have never had apple cinnamon tea, but I must try it. Now I'm off to look at your post from Friday. luv ya, Trish

Barb Standfest said...

My sister and I have talked about doing this with our nieces, ranging in age from 9 to 20. I think we will do it soon we've got our Grandmother's china and will revisit this wonderful tradition. Thanks for sharing!