Sunday, November 30, 2008

75 years

75 years ago today my parents were married in Waterloo, Iowa. They actually celebrated 72 years together before Dad died on Dec 18, 2005! Mother is living and will be 95 on her next birthday. They had a loving marriage. As their child, that's how I viewed them: in love. They met when Mother was still in high school. She was 19 when she became a bride. She was a good mother as well as a good and faithful wife. Life wasn't always easy, I know; in the 40's it was a struggle. But with perseverance and faith in God they made it through. Dad was always preaching somewhere or writing a book and Mother stood beside him, encouraging him and loving him.
Lord, thank You for my parents. I have so much to be thankful for. Thank You for drawing them to Yourself. You led them through their lives, You healed them when they were sick. You gave them strength when they were weak. You blessed them with Your Presence. Thank You.

1 comment:

carole said...

My folks would have been married 74 years on Nov. 29th if they had lived... Think we will make it to 75? Have a great trip.. Carole