Friday, August 29, 2008

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Fearfully & Wonderfully Made - A Surgeon Looks at the Human and Spiritual Body
by Dr. Paul Brand & Philip Yancey Published by Zondervan.

I was asked about this book after I mentioned it in a blog so I thought I'd write a little more about it, in case someone else is interested in it. It's a fascinating book. Jerry and I just sit, for a few moments after reading, just soaking it in! Then we begin discussing what we've just read.

Men go abroad to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the river, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. St. Augustine

This is so true, we take our bodies for granted. I don't think I will ever again after reading this book. It helps to read it with Jerry because we discuss it together and ask questions, etc.

There is so much I want to write about it but I don't know where to begin or how to do it justice. It's quite deep but yet it's written in such an interesting way we want to keep reading. I said in a blog we can only read a section of each chapter at a time because we can't comprehend any more in a day. We simply marvel at what we've just learned!

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13 & 14

1 comment:

Kari Bergman said...

Thank you for the information about the book. I may check it out when I finish with the Beth Moore book I am reading now, "When godly people do ungodly things". -kari