Monday, October 15, 2007

Yesterday-part one, Mexico!

Yesterday was my day to feature a missionary family in Mexico at our church. It was a lot of work to do it up right but it was also fun! First of all, we drove our new car down to Covenant Hills to get the large Mexico flag you can see hanging. The two round disc's that are also hanging, Jerry cut out of Styrofoam, I blew up photo's of the family to put on one side and the other side says South of the Border. Jerry let me use his DVD player to play a DVD of A Day in the Life of Emily. It had Mexican music playing. We had lots of artifacts on the table from Mexico, some loaned to me by Jessica. Even with all this people would have just walked by with hardly a glance...but the tantalizing aroma of taco's was more than they could take! Yes, a crock pot full of taco meat, scoop size nacho chips and grated cheese drew them between services and after, to have a taste of Mexico! They had been smelling it all morning! Then we were able to talk about the family we were featuring!


Pastor Shane stopped by to eat a taco! He gave us a thumb's up!


Here I am ready for the people! Come on over and enjoy a taco! We'll do this again next Sunday but I may serve something else if I can think of something simple to fix. I couldn't have done all this without Jerry. Thank you, Lord, for the privilege of serving You; for the families who are called to serve You in another country; and for giving us creative ideas of how to promote these folks. I praise You because You are Omnipresent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so clever! All these years of different ways to bring missions to the congregation and you keep coming up with new ideas! Looked like you had a beautiful day to be set up outside too.