Thursday, June 02, 2011

Journal June 2, 2011

I'll try writing again. I got really discouraged with blogspot when I was told I couldn't put more pictures on. Why didn't they tell me there was a limit to the number of pictures? I would have been more careful to only put the best on and not so many.
     Well, I've had some things happen to me I'd like to write about. I'll start with today...would you believe I left my purse in my shopping basket at Meijer's! I didn't miss it until I got home and was unloading the car...no purse. I ran inside to tell Jerry, then ran back out and started to back out of the garage. 
     Oh no. I forgot the back door of our mini van was still up...! It hit the garage door! I stopped quickly and in time before I did any major damage! Then I drove like mad to get back to Meijer's before someone found my cart out in the parking lot with my purse in it. I could have gotten a ticket, I'm sure, but I didn't. I got to the parking lot...on no, my cart was gone. I hurried inside and was told to go to the service desk. I did. 
     The girl asked for my name and got a smile on her face. "Is this your purse?" she asked, as she held up a small black purse with a little fuzzy monkey dangling from the zipper!
     " Oh yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you." Whoever had found it had turned it in.
     I drove home slowly, thanking God all the way for taking care of me and my purse.
Thank You, Lord, for taking care of us..of me. I realize I was careless and never should have left my purse in the shopping cart. I didn't mean to. I praise You for Your Constant Abiding Presence and Peace.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like quite the adventure.

By the way, if you reduce the size of your photos before you post them they don't take up as much room. It might be too late for your Blogger account, but you might consider it with your Wordpress. Open the picture in your photo viewing/editing program and look for Save As or Reduce File Size.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Isn't it good that God let it be found by an honest person!