Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chinese Family

Vincy, Koko, Andrew
     We invited our Chinese kids over for an all American dinner on Tuesday of this week. I worked all day preparing swiss steak baked in gravy with potatoes, carrots and onions, green bean casserole, tossed salad, clover leaf dinner rolls and apple pie.
     They appreciated my work even though their taste buds are not quite up to American  
Vincy, Anita, Koko, Andrew
 food yet. I understand that. I have a hard  time with foreign food no matter where we go in the world.
Anita, Vincy, Koko, Jerry
     Andrew loved the green bean casserole! Vincy and Koko loved the dinner rolls. They each ate some meat, potatoes and carrots. The apple pie was a little too sweet for their taste buds. 
     We had a very nice visit. This was their first time in our home. They wandered all over checking it out. I think it was probably their first time in a log home. I think they liked it.
     We're looking forward to getting together again soon. (I can hardly wait!)   
   Heavenly Father, thank You for our new Chinese friends. Thank You that we are even more than just friends, we are now family. Help them to see Christ in our lives and in our home. Please be with them in their studies, and in new situations they find themselves in. Help them to know we are their American family. We love them and You love them even more!

1 comment:

Amy said...

How fun.
My Korean students tell me I must try kimchi. I think I will probably have a similar reaction to Korean food, as your Chinese friends had to American food.