Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Journal

     The big snowstorm of 2011! We're snowed in but we knew it was coming so we're prepared. We have no reason to go anywhere. John, who plows our driveway, went to Jamaica for vacation and was due back yesterday...his flights were cancelled. No surprise there! 
     Jessica (daughter-in-law), is a nurse at the hospital, she made it on time this morning by leaving way early. Three people had to help push her across the main street she had to cross at 6:30 this morning!
     I was praying off and on all night for Rob (son). He drives all night delivering meds all over the state. I was so worried about him in this awful snow storm. He made it safely and got stuck in the drive of where he works! He had to wait three hours to be plowed out!!!
     No school today, of course. The kids are here so Rob can sleep in a quiet house. At lunch time I thought I'd fix them grilled cheese sandwiches and chips...Haleigh wanted breakfast for lunch! Okay, bacon, scrambled eggs and a bowl of cereal! Elmise and Armon saw the boiled dinner Jerry made for us yesterday and wanted to try it. Ham, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, etc. They loved it and each ate a whole bowl! Wonders will never cease!
     
     I have a new feature on the right side of my blog. It's a nutritional site! Try it out...it's very good. So much good information and you can look up anything.  


     We're supposed to get another snow storm tonight. I love snow storms...but not when I have a son out driving across the state. 


     I'm loving our new furniture. Yesterday afternoon I rearranged our living room and love it even more. I have an old treadle sewing machine that I really have no room for. I really don't even know if it works, I've never tried to sew with it. It's not a family heirloom, it's just an old sewing machine. I offered it to Haiti but I guess it wasn't needed. If someone would like it, call me and come and get it... 


     Heavenly Father, I praise You. Your Love falls on me like the pure white snow flakes that come silently floating down through the sky. Thank You for watching over us during this snow storm. Thank You for keeping Rob safe and for helping Jessica drive to work early this morning. I love You. Thank You for our precious grandchildren.

1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I was praying for your son!! So glad he arrived home safely.

I got stuck after picking Christopher up today and then he got stuck pulling into our gravel road tonight.

This snow is like cement. I was talking to an elderly neighbor today and she said she can't remember anything like it, neither can I.