Friday, June 06, 2008

Driving home!

I'm going to write of my experience driving home alone of which I was going to keep to myself but I've now told Jerry (because he couldn't figure out why it took me so long to get home) and then last evening I told Pam and we had a good laugh. So...are you ready to laugh also? I do get mixed up when I'm driving by myself and often make a wrong turn! The doctor was keeping Jerry over night so I had to come home alone. I had told Pastor Shane of my fear of getting lost and that we couldn't find tomtom when we left to go to the hospital. But Pastor told me how to come and even brought up a map on his ?? So I thought, no problem... He said, "watch for M84 and 25." Okay. So, I'm driving home. First of all I made a wrong turn out of the parking lot! No problem, I just turned around and got going. After a little way I came to M84 and turned left. Oh oh, I know now I should have turned right! I'm driving and driving and driving. I was wondering when I would come to M25. I looked around and then straight ahead and there was The Lighthouse! That is a church I'm very familiar with. However, I knew that wasn't on my way home! Oh well, I thought, I know how to get home from here. You see, years ago I drove to The Lighthouse every Sunday morning for about six months as a ministry to Hmong people living in the area. So I'm driving home and finally realized I was going home on 75 and suddenly I saw Beaver Rd exit and knew I'd better get off. Now I had to go home the back way instead of the normal way most folks would go and a shorter way to where we now live! Oh well, at least I wasn't lost. I finally made it home and decided I would keep this to myself!!! However, I also knew that I had to drive back to the hospital the next morning! I searched every where for tomtom and couldn't find it. It was almost time for me to leave so I stopped and prayed..."Lord, You know where tomtom is and I don't. You also know that I need it. Please help me find it." I looked down at the sewing machine which was set up and saw something under it...tomtom! Now how did it get there??? I'll never know but I thanked the Lord over and over. I programed the hospital in and it took me right to it! Thank You Lord for tomtom. Thank you for helping me find it. Thank you for The Lighthouse! It definitely showed me the way home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What in the world is tomtom? Is it a GPS of some sort???
wk

Anita said...

wk, Jerry said to tell you tomtom is my boyfriend! But, yes, it's a GPS. The best one! Actually tomtom has a woman's voice! I could change it to a man's but she has such a pleasant voice I think we'll leave it. Besides it's not mine, I bought it for Jerry for Christmas! I talk back to her like she's sitting there beside me!

Anonymous said...

Anita, I thought I had the worst sense of direction in our family. I constantly got lost until I got my Tom-Tom. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a little device that tells you exactly how to get where you want to go. You just type in the address and "she" knows the way. My grandson named mine "Sacajawea" because he said that she guided Lewis and Clark clear across the country. Oh, and, Anita, I've read that sense of direction has nothing to do with intelligence. Thank goodness!! Lorraine

Anonymous said...

I think you left out some of the funny parts - like where we renamed the tomtom because of the woman's voice we named it tammysue!