Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

I hope you had a good Memorial Day. I took Sydney and Isabella to see the parade. It was fun. We saw several folks we knew so I took their pictures. I'll post them here.
Kiddy corner across the street we found our friends Tim & Dee, about four of their nine kids plus Dee's parents and an aunt.

In the back window of this fire truck is my great nephew, Ryan! I think it dawned on him who this person was waving and taking a picture because all of a sudden he stuck his head out the window, smiling and waving. But I wasn't ready so I missed a good shot!
Here is Sally. They were pulling a wagon with folk music singers and players.
Duane is driving his John Deere tractor. Just ahead of him was his son and grandson driving another John Deere.
This is Marilyn giving a friendly wave.

Thank you, Lord, for friends. Thank you for parades. Today's parade was in honor of all the guys and girls who have given their lives for us in battle. Thank you for the USA where we are free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun to see so many people you know in the parade.