Saturday, December 23, 2006

Embarrassing Moment

Last evening I had a very embarrassing moment! Our neighbors, right behind us, called about a week ago and invited us over for Friday evening, 7:00 for a little neighborly get-together during the holidays. Neighbors on the other side of them had also been invited. Jerry was sick but we decided I should go alone. So I got ready, took a small gift for each of the other two couples and drove over because it was raining and I didn't want to walk in with wet shoes. I was the first one there so I parked in the turn around so I could leave after a short time (since I was alone). I rang the door bell a couple of times before Larry answered the door. He had on jeans and a sweat shirt and looked a little puzzled when he saw me. Something was not right. I said, "Oh oh, have I got the wrong night?" Larry smiled and said, "Are you here for the little neighborly get-together?" I was sure she said Friday evening. "Well," I said, "I thought I was." Oh boy! You guessed it, it's next week! They invited me in and we sat down and visited for about an hour and then I came home. I left one gift for them. I know, I know, it could happen to anyone. But, it happened to me! I think there is a lesson to be learned here...

No comments: